Friday, May 9, 2008

Weaving Rhymes

Alllll righty then..sorry RW I know this is a bit overdue,haha, but allow me to introduce you to a homie of mine,who goes by the name of The Rhymeweaver, I won't go into details about his info,you can get more of that from his page. I knew him in an online hip hop forum awhile back,and he shared some of his experiences and knowledge in recording and rhymes and songs-making and how to get fly bitches and drop fools.Joking on the last two.Anyway,he had an album called Hymns of Wrath & Passion (you can read about fellow emcee emcee david's review of his album here), and will be getting his mixtape out sometime soon.

There are several tracks that are released as a sneak preview to the public on his website, consisting of two audios and a video. One of the songs is Get Filled, a party track featuring his partner-in-crime The I.R.V. of his group Flow Finesse. At first I thought it weird for RW to release a club banger, since his other songs dealt with issues you would be hard-pressed to bump your head in a club to, but then versatility is something not many emcees can boast about,so I guess its all good.By the way,Get Filled reminds me of another wicked track,Return of the Tres by Delinquent Habits, which is also a fucking dope song (I really need to brush up on my adjectives,fuck it),man the Latinos really know how to throw gangsta parties.Anyway,throughout the song there are some clever metaphors and punchlines (to the average song listeners,YES,rap are about things like these,among other shiznit such as multi-syllabic rhymes,internal rhymes,flows,creative story telling,witty humor,serious issues,social causes,voicing for the oppressed,to delivery to breath control to pronunciation.But that's another story for another day.),the first line will make you prick up your ears ("Yo I pound mics like sterling",get it?pound?sterling?no?),however IMHO I think the I.R.V.'s pronunciation could be improved since I can't really listen to what he is saying,but besides that its not bad.Go to his page and check it out.

Another song is Forbidden Verses, which is about a traditional Malay black magic practice known as santau (What,no toyol?the little green man,not Khir Toyo), you can get more info on this forbidden art on his page.The first time I played this song,it was four in the morning.I was alone in my room, and the whole house was asleep,lights all turned off.I finished listening to the first verse,and feeling a wee teeny little bit sikit sikit eerie,decided to turn it off and go straight to bed.Thanks RW for the fright night.This is the reason why Asian ghost movies are so much more scarier,they are sooooo much closer to home.So if you are sitting in front of a window like I am,take a look outside.Anything there?No?You really sure that's a twig?Not fingers?OK I'm scaring myself so I'll just end here.

3 comments:

Sam said...

you forgot Paradise Lost lol jus playing man

no promotion is an overdue promotion mate. bila bila pun jalannnnn

thanks for the shoutout though. i keep meaning to holla at you in my blog but i can't seem to find the time.

wait for tha newslettah coming this month coz i got something you might like (no not another free song, regrettably)

Cheers
The Rhymeweaver

chowsingsing said...

lol nah ya got one more but they will see it on ur blog too haha..dude,anymore room for a verse or two on ur mixtape?:)
i got a lil something going on too,hopefully everything turns out fine..

Sam said...

oh that's sweet as then. listen i'll send out my email newsletter round the end of this month with info on the next mixtape with just the thing you're keen on. wait for it aight

Cheers
The Rhymeweaver