Saturday, November 22, 2008

jovial putatortle

The other day I was bumping Rogue Squadron's stellar -_- mixtape in my car while going home from work,and was listening to this particular track from Familyboy titled After World Funeral.Maybe it was a stressful and tiring day,or maybe it was bjork's haunting voice looming over the track,what happened was I kind of spaced out while I was driving and listening to the song.And I was crossing a roundabout.Luckily bjork ain't got shit on me and I managed to snap out of it and maneuver my way across said roundabout without having my head smashed into my car's windshield.Fuck a swan-suit,damnit.

Awkward pause.


I mean not that pain means shit to me,being somewhat unfuckably invincible and all(or so I believed),but I don't think I can afford to crash my car again.

Speaking of car crash,after three weeks my car is still at the mechanic.Since there were tales of repairshops that replace your car's genuine parts with Taiwan-made ciplak stuff,I decided to take it back to Eon to have it repaired and claim my car's insurance. One thing about crashing a car:the frustration and angst was not so much about getting a bigass dent on a side of the vehicle,its the sheer follow-up work that comes with that.And not having a car for the next 3 weeks.Just to have my car repaired using my insurance claims requires me to go to the bank to get the car's ownership cert,going to JPJ to get a verification on my driving licence to prove that I drove more than 2 years (since I lost my driving licence before,and without verification I need to pay RM400 to Eon),going to the insurance company to get a copy of the cover letter or preferably the policy,and of course making and getting the police report.Notice that I separated the making with the getting,since you have to wait a day to get it because apparently the police's mission is to fuck with you by not giving you a report on the spot.Then again I heard that you need to pay ten bucks to bribe them to speed up the process,which being the stingy bastard that I am do not really agree to.Come to think of it the mechanic at Eon is probably waiting for me to pass him a RM50 note to speed things up too.

So for the past couple of weeks,I need to wait at the bus stop near my house like an ass and hail a cab to work,which cost me six bucks a trip for a 7-minute drive.That I can live with,however the 7 minute spent in the taxi listening to an old fart talking non-stop about his extremely mundane life/extremely skewed views on politics is quite unbearable.Imagine a person talking to you about how his neighbour is 'stealing his water supply' (Which I highly doubt one can do) and how the friendly staff at the post office doesn't give a fat fuck about his plights (maybe because its highly improbable) while attempting to give you the rough estimated amount of water he actually uses per day and how it does not have a positive correlation with the water bill.RIIIIGHT.

There's this chinese saying: one eats rice, but do not know what it really costs.Or something like that.My parents used to throw this pseudo-proverb at me whenever I wanted to buy something,implying that I know squat about the high price of whatever I wanna get.Basically,it is usually used by person A who fork out the moolah to buy stuff,to person B,who requested for said stuff. This phrase hits hard when you are shelling out your hard-earn salary to pay for whatever that you previously took for granted.Now every month when I get paid I need to put aside money to pay for my car loan,my laptop,my insurance,my petrol,my food,my internet bills,phone bills,and whatever pirated DVDs that I buy.You could actually hear your wallet wailing in despair and agony as you take out that RM50 note to buy the WCP Booty Bus:Hardcore and Uncensored series.Now I know how my dad felt.To feed us and put us through school I mean,not buying the WCP Booty Bus thingy.

3 comments:

Saphuan Awang said...

Set aside some money to get beats too man... haha

yaw, where them beats? let's blaze em...

chowsingsing said...

i ll see what i can get on a tight budget,lol
just blazeeeeeeeeeee

Unknown said...

LIAR !! T_T